Tokyo Ghoul Role-Play
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Rules You Will Abide By

Go down

The Rules You Will Abide By Empty The Rules You Will Abide By

Post by Live To Serve Sat Feb 07, 2015 10:22 am

1 ) We here at TGRP (by that I mean me), want for you to enjoy yourself before anything else! Crack a cold one, sit back and relax, have a good time, just keep these next rules in mind while you do so!

2 ) There will be NO harassment of any kind whatsoever, if I get so much as ONE report of ill conduct in the chat-box, rp, or otherwise, you will receive a warning, If it happens again, you will receive a temp-ban of 3 days. If it happens a THIRD time, you will be banned permanently. (To report somebody, PM me with a quote or screen-shot of what they did, explain the situation if need be, and await justice, please-and-thank-you. ALSO keep in mind that members of the STAFF are NO exception to these rules!)

3 ) NO Godmodding! This can be punished in much the same way as harassment.
Gillian N. wrote:"God Modding" is in essence when someone’s character has the ability to do practically anything without limits or boundaries. And example is when they simply cannot be harmed by any and all means other RP-ers try.

-It can be killing or injuring a character without the player's express permission.
-It can be when they simply can’t be hit and dodge all attacks or anything for this matter aimed at them.
-It can also be using other characters that other people RP with. In other words, if you do not RP as
Legolas, then you cannot have Legolas say anything, or do anything, without the player's express permission.

The absolute worst is when they make out another character to be what they’re not, just to make their own character seem superior. They make others seem weak, screaming for help, when they’ve made it quite clear about their advantages and strengths. This is called power-play. It’s a strain of God-Modding, but instead of just being irritating, it’s offensive to boot.
This is a prime example of God Modding:

Player A: Punches Player B
Player B: Dodges attack, grabs Player A and throws him. Player A flies at Player B, who warps behind him and slashes Player A in the back.
by Gillian N. May 19, 2006

4 ) Player killing is something of a racy topic, with different rules on every web-site; obviously you don't want an OC you have put time and effort into making and developing to die, however it is unfair for them to survive EVERYTHING. To kill a character without the express permission of it's creator, the character MUST be caught in a situation in which survival or escape is IMPOSSIBLE; Furthermore, the say-so of the one doing the killing is not enough, send ME or ANOTHER ADMIN a PM, linking them to the thread in which the death took place, after this, an admin will confirm the death.

Killing a charcter WITH permission from it's creator, requires no staff members as it can easily be worked out between the Users Involved.

Killing NPC's (Non-playable characters: Civilians, and pretty much any character not controlled by a USER.) is allowed, however please self-monitor for realism; if you are a newly created character, you can't kill 5 people at once, obviously, but you CAN kill 2 possibly, or you could spread 5 kills across 5 posts. Please help Monitor EACH other for realism as well. If you know it's ridiculous, file a report!

5 ) For the sake of continuity, wen will continue under the assumption that events in posts happened IN THAT ORDER, unless specifically stated in the title. Little Jimmy can't be eviscerated in yesterdays posts, and show up totally fine in tomorrow's. Unless Jimmy is just one messed up dude. The heck Jimmy?!

6 ) Please edit the title of a given thread "Finished" when it's finished, that way I can file it away in our "Finished Threads" section. Just makes things seem tidier.

7 ) All OC's need to be completely ORIGINAL, no RIP-OFFS from Tokyo Ghoul or anything else.

8 ) You may have 5 characters at any given time, if they are well-manged and consistently used, more character slots may be added with staff permission.

9 ) All characters must be approved by a member of the STAFF.

10 ) Proper grammar is a REQUIREMENT! I can overlook minor flaws or typos, but a basic grasp of grammar and sentence structure is required!
Live To Serve
Live To Serve
Admin

https://tokyoghoulrp.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum